I know that I won't
1. My husband, Salah. I am so thankful for my husband, and I truly cannot imagine my life without him. He is my best friend, partner, and love. When we first became a couple, he told me that he wanted to encourage me, support me, and challenge my relationship with God. I am so thankful that he has done all three. The more I see other couples, the more I realize that we are (or have let ourselves become) a good match for each other. Although he sometimes drives me crazy, I know that he always has my best interest in mind and is genuinely on my side. We both have issues, but somehow our issues work together and (mostly) push the other to be better. I cannot imagine a better life partner and I am so grateful for the 8+ years of our marriage.
2. My son, Odin. I love that little man! Before becoming a parent, I didn't understand how much you could love someone (and so quickly!). It has been my great pleasure to watch Odin grow, learn, and explore. He brings joy to my life daily, challenges me to be a better person, and helps me to appreciate the little things (and slow down to see them). I am so glad that he is a part of our lives.
3. My mom. I haven't always been on the best of terms with my mom, or family, but this last year has made me appreciate my mom. She sacrifices for us, and has always been a great example of how to love the Lord faithfully. I am glad she is part of our lives, and hope that she can become a more regular part soon.
4. Healing in my relationship with my mom. This time last year I wasn't sure if I wanted my mom to be part of my life at all, and had no idea how reconciliation would happen. I remember driving home from Bible Study and feeling like the Lord was telling me that He could and would heal our relationship - and I wasn't sure that I believed Him. Odin was VERY sick, and (when we finally told her everything that was going on) she immediately flew down, stepped in, and really helped us work through his issues. She used up 2+ years of time share time so that we could have a place to go out of our toxic apartment, and has regularly been a part of our life since. I am so grateful for God's healing of our relationship and that I can talk to her regularly. God truly is the great Counselor and Prince of Peace.
5. Our health. There is nothing like experiencing a time of sickness to make you appreciate health. I am so grateful that Odin is now healthy (and active and CRAZY) rather than lethargic and fighting for his life! I am grateful that Salah and I are generally healthy and don't struggle with health issues. I am thankful that Odin hasn't caught any crazy/weird childhood illnesses and that even his colds haven't been too bad. Thank you Jesus for our health, may we take care of the bodies you have entrusted to us!
6. Our house (and Long Beach). I never thought I would like living in Southern California, but I love Long Beach. I am grateful for this house, for our friendly and generous neighbors, for the nature center, and for its safety.
7. Friends (especially other moms). I am so thankful for friends. I really need other people to keep me sane. Being a mom is tough, and I am grateful for the other moms who reach out to me and encourage me to keep fighting the good fight through washing dishes, doing laundry, making meals, and wiping noses.
8. Being a stay at home mom. I love being a stay at home mom. I am so grateful that I have the opportunity to spend my days with Odin and intentionally build him up. I love that I get to see every milestone, make him laugh, read to him, and watch him sleep. I LOVE what I do, and there is nothing I would rather be doing than teaching Odin. Salah has sacrificed so much so that I can stay at home, and although we have tough days, I am so glad that I get to stay with Odin.
9. Facebook. It may sound silly, but I am thankful for facebook and the opportunity it gives me to stay in touch with far away friends.
10. Walking. I do a lot of walking: it is the way Odin calms down and goes to sleep. I am thankful that I can get out of the house, fill my body with Vitamin D, meet the neighbors, and exercise. I am thankful that I have found a way to give Odin a break (I think he just has so much energy that he needs to be slowed down sometimes). I am grateful that I have a way to realax that is good for me and my son.
I love my life and these boys!

No comments:
Post a Comment