Happy birthday little man! I love you so much. You are such a joy to us and I am so thankful that you are in our lives. Here's what's going on around our house:
- Odin is walking! He finally decided that he was ready to walk across the room for his birthday week. He is still a bit wobbly, but he can walk where he wants to now. I think he was just waiting till he knew he could do everything he wanted ;)
-Odin understands a lot of words, but he still isn't saying many. He says 'mama' whenever he wants something, 'du' when he sees ducks, and occasionally 'dada' for dad.
-We are teaching Odin to get things and bring them to Mom. He does it fairly well.
-Odin can now point to what he wants. He also can identify people in pictures (well, Mom, Dad, MeeMaw, and sometimes his uncle).
-Unfortunately, Odin has learned how to throw major fits when he doesn't get what he wants. I'm happy that he is determined, but hitting temper tantrums this early scares me.
-We are just getting over Odin's first (and hopefully last) case of croup. He sounded terrible, but took being sick well. He is certainly a fighter.
-The day after his birthday, completely out of nowhere, Odin started clapping. He now claps when he is happy and as he is deciding if he wants to throw a fit. He also gives high-fives.
-Odin 'zerberts' our tummies. He will pull up his dad's shirt, and blow on his tummy till he makes noise. He is so proud of himself when he does it.
What he loves:
-The vacuum. He gets excited when I say the word, and loves to push it around. Let's hope he stays enthusiastic about chores.
-Food. He is getting to have a pickier palate, but he loves eating what Mom eats. His current favorites are spagetti, tangerines, rice, rice cakes, rice crackers and (*cough*) cookies.
-Dancing. He loves music, especially the theme songs for my TV shows. He gets so happy and instantly dances when he hears them.
-Walks. We go for at least one walk a day, and Odin loves being outside.
-Odin's favorite game is taking things out and putting them back into a box. He also loves his stacking cups and playing 'pretend' with Mom's kitchen tools.
He dislikes:
-The carseat. He throws a major fit getting into it, but is doing better about calming down while we drive.
-Being separated from Mom. Separation anxiety is in full swing. I can't even go to bootcamp workouts anymore, because he has a major meltdown with Dad.
-Doctors. As soon as we met our new doctor (who I love), Odin started screaming. I think he remembers getting his blood drawn at 6 months, and has associated the experience with doctors.
Odin is growing up so fast, it feels like he does something new every day. We love you and are praying you inspire virtue.



No comments:
Post a Comment