Wednesday, September 5, 2012
9 Months
Odin is growing up so fast! Another blog I follow posts monthly updates about her son, and I thought it would be a good idea. Odin changes so quickly and I've already missed chronicling it, but late is better than never, right?
What Odin loves:
Odin is SO independent! He loves doing this for himself. Any time I put something new in front of him, he wants to explore and understand it. His favorite 'toys' are power cords, which we have a hard time keeping away from him! He loves kitchen items (spatulas, bowls, pastry brushes etc) more than typical baby toys. We just got look-and-feel books, which he enjoys often. He doesn't sit still as long for reading as he did a month ago, but he still enjoys being read to. At this point, Odin is definitely a momma's boy, I'm his favorite person! Sometimes it is amazing (like when he snuggles me while on a walk), but other times it can be challenging (when he refuses to go to others). Odin still loves going for walks, it helps to calm him down whenever he is fussy (which really is not very frequent). He want to have time to himself to play and explore - and I appreciate the time also! Odin is very creative and I am constantly having to find new ways to entertain him, or keep him away from un-baby-proofed areas. Odin is very tough, and rarely cries - even when he falls over an bonks his head. He certainly has his parents' pain tolerance.
What Odin dislikes:
Odin does not like being in the car. This isn't new at all, but he is getting more creative at fighting the carseat - much to my chagrin. Unfortunately Odin doesn't like many vegetables - he is a great eater of grains, fruit and beans, but NOT veggies. He got his last tooth a while ago, but he doesn't love teething (who would?). Biting dad helps to ease the pain.
Milestones:
Odin is beginning to crawl with his tummy off the ground. He has been crawling army-style for over a month. He is still faster army style, but is continuing to increase doing it the 'regular' way. Odin can feed himself very well, and appreciates whole food over baby food. He is babbling more and more each day (depending on his mood). He regularly says 'mama' but I don't think he has attached the meaning to me yet. Regularly I look away only to find that Odin has pulled himself up yet again - which is only problematic because he doesn't fall very well yet. He has a tendency to fall on his head rather than his bum. Stranger danger has somewhat set in - he is cautious when he sees new people but doesn't cry. However, he refuses to be held by almost anyone but mom or dad.
All in all, I LOVE being a mom. It is fun, challenging, exciting, and exhausting. Odin is teaching me to appreciate the present moment, take time to relax, PRAY, and enjoy the small things. I am so grateful for my little man - he is growing up so quickly. I want to remember this special time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment